Tuesday, February 17, 2009

my sick kitty

One of the worst things in life is when one has a sick pet. My Icky, who is 15 and a half years old, has had to deal, along with the rest of us, with a thyroid problem, which is apparently common when cats get to be elderly.

I have been so stressed and worried about my best friend. He has been through so much of my life with me, since 1994! Sometimes, our pets outlast our partners!

In any case, Icky has not been eating. I gave him some food mixed with water in a syringe, which he tolerated. An hour later, I gave him some catnip which he ate, strangely enough, and then rubbed himself on the floor against the scratching pad that I bought, which is made out of corrugated cardboard.

I will have to update my blog as things progress. I hope there is no digression of the situation.

 

 "What will be will be, and what won't be often happens"
Rachel Lynde of Anne of Green Gables

No comments: