Tuesday, August 28, 2007

bike trip
















Today was a glorious day to explore my own backyard on bike. Well, nearly my own backyard. Eight blocks from my house lies a lovely bike path along the Niagara River.
Even though you have to pass through an area along that river that has been completely industrial for almost a century, the sublime beauty of the river takes your attention away from the rusty look of the chemical refineries.

As you get closer to the falls themselves, the rapids become more turbulent. I saw people, reading, relaxing and enjoying the silvery sheen of the bright sun on the water amid the pleasant din of nature which calms the soul if you sit along side the water and meditate.

I passed by tourists at the falls, snapped a bunch of pictures along with a video of the American Falls and then had my German Roggenbrot and Brie sandwich, an apple and white, iced tea flavored with strawberry. The latter was a powdery product similar to Kool Aid, which, when added to your favorite tea, makes quite a suitable beverage.

Riding home was a bit tiring, but it is mostly downhill. All in all, I put in approximately 10 miles, if not more.

No comments: